Release of the 3rd report by Arabella Advisors, The Global Fossil Fuel Divestment and Clean Energy Investment Movement.
On the one-year anniversary of the Paris climate agreement, the value of assets represented by institutions and individuals committing to some sort of divestment from fossil fuel companies had reached $5 trillion. 688 institutions and 58,399 individuals across 76 countries have committed to divest from fossil fuel companies, doubling the value of assets represented in the last 15 months.
We were joined by a host of experts and champions of the movement:
In New York:
- Mark Ruffalo
- Ellen Dorsey, President, Wallace Global Fund
- Lou Allstadt, former Vice President, Exxon Mobil
- May Boeve, President, 350.org
- Adrian Grenier
- Saffet Catovic, The Islamic Society of North America
- Mark Lewis, Managing Director, European Utilities Research, Barclays
- Helena Morrissey CBE, CEO, Newton Invesment Management
- Aine O’Gorman, Trinity College Dublin